Friday, December 14, 2012

I Love These People!

Once in a rare while, what we hope for in an experience is surpassed. I was very fortunate to have that be the case with my time in Yaroslavl with the CCS family. What a great and caring group of people. And, what great work they've done in the community. I will miss them each and all, but I will never forget my fantastic two weeks making new friends in Russia. 



From left to right:   

Victor, Driver Extraordinaire and Top Hockey Fan in Yaroslavl! 

Asya, Interpreter for All, Friend to All, and the person to see if you need tickets to Six Flags in Illinois! 

Sveta, Interpreter for All, Friend to All, and proud owner of a new kitchen, soon to be installed in her new apartment!

Natalyia, Enthusiastic Leader of the Team, Friend to All, and willing to go every extra mile to help make Russia a fantastic place to visit!

Olga, Friendliest Accountant in all Russia, and who was a good sport about being in this photo!

And, let's certainly not forget Galina (below), who kept the place humming and homey for us all!


And, one of the two people who ensured that I left Yaroslavl with more pounds than when I arrived is in the midst of the scene below, having prepared another phenomenal meal for us . . . Ludmilla (sorry, I didn't get a snap of Elena). 


Finally, my fellow volunteers made this whole experience a communal one. I feel so lucky to have participated with such a caring and fun group of individuals. 


Clockwise from the left:

Dorothy, Justine, Sally, Natasha, Raya, Christina, and Rachel (hand with fork . . . nice job by the photographer!). And, of course, absent friends who had to leave last week: Tom, Marilyn, and Rebecca. 

What a great, great couple of weeks! Thanks to all for everything! 


No comments:

Post a Comment